Ashfaq - Just another guy

Hello humans,

I am Ashfaq, In my day job, I work at Broadridge as a Solutions Architect. My alter-ego and online handle is yukikaze, inspired by Chohei Kambayashi’s “Good Luck, Yukikaze”.

Different people have different descriptions for me, but the one that stands out is from my sister, according to her i am a “Kid with a credit card”

I am an introvert and have been into computing since early schooling (see the pattern?). I grew up watching Ghost in the shell, Reruns of Bladerunner, Tron… to name a few. These heavily influenced my choices and thoughts. and yeah, I love Mobile Suit Gundam,

I like to build stuff, and learn new things computing or non-computing. I find my zen, building plastic models and dioramas.

My hobby on this discourse (if I can) would be to push @meet , @bernhard to great levels of frustration.

I am a beginner level audiophile. With a huge collection of earphones. Each for a specific purpose. I like to listen to Synthwave, Instrumentals and various others… Listening to Kenji Kawai’s Utai IV on the right set of earphones does lift your spirit.

I am a huge fan of Mechanical Keyboards and build my own. Yes, i am “that guy” who brings his own keyboard to office.

Happy to meet you all. Hoping to build something great.

15 Likes

Awesome intro, Ashfaq! Great to have you here on the forums. Looking forward to many good discussions! And loving you blog post btw :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, and we share the hobby of giving our team frustrations! It’s the good kind though, that makes them build a better product :wink:

2 Likes

Hey @yukikaze, great to have you on the DAML Forum! And I couldn’t agree more with @georg on all accounts. We :heart: your feedback. :pray:

2 Likes

And speaking of the blog post. I suggest posting that in the News section, possibly the Tutorials / Guides subsection.

2 Likes

It doesn’t allow me to post in the Tutorials / Guides section. Maybe one of you folks can post it.

1 Like

@anthony can you check this ^ ?

1 Like

Fixed, refresh the page and try now.

Thanks @anthony . It worked

1 Like

Welcome @yukikaze.

And great to see in your intro that your passion in here will be to push @meet and @bernhard to great levels of frustration.

4 Likes

We can retire now

3 Likes

I want a DAML mechanical keyboard for my birthday! :star_struck:

3 Likes

I’m glad I didn’t make the @meet and @bernhard cut of being pushed to great levels of frustration. And you forgot to mention your expertise in Indian ice cream chains!

2 Likes

Ha ha. haven’t forgotten about you @talia.klein . I have just outsourced your cut of trouble to michael :slight_smile: . Thought you might appreciate a little bit of Scottish Flair :sweat_smile:

btw, there is this new Icecream place that’s opened near office. You would love it.

2 Likes

…but do they have gulab jamun flavored ice cream? :thinking: @meet

3 Likes

I would eat infinite amounts of that.

Now I need to find a place that sells gulab jamun in Zürich. Got a craving…

3 Likes

@SamirTalwar I remember having some indian sweets in zurich. I vaguely remember the name of the place as Best Curry or similar. was about ~30 min walk from Schifflande

2 Likes

Yuki-kaze means “snow wind”?

1 Like

@SamirTalwar I feel so validated! @yukikaze and team didn’t think it was a good idea

1 Like

Hi @yukikaze I just listened to “Kenji Kawai’s Utai IV”, I was thrilled to discover that music was inspired by the most awesome “Ghost in The Shell”, 1995 \o/