How can I specify the display name of ledger parties on Daml Hub?

If I add the parties in the Live Data view, the displayName field of the parties gets set identical to the identifier field.

1 Like

Unfortunately there isn’t currently a way to do this. But we’re currently building out support for this; hopefully we’ll have something to report on this front soon!

However a better approach may be to utilize role contracts (6 Parties and authority — Daml SDK 1.11.1 documentation) to identify your users with more detail; displayName alone is arguably not enough for most use cases anyway, and there are likely bits of information that you may want to display in addition to displayName, as captured by your own contracts.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

@dtanabe

I have already thought about this option as well, and in my solution I need two things for this to work:

1. A Daml Trigger which accepts automatically the role contract requests from the users during the onboard.

2. Multi-submit JWT tokens, using which all parties can read as the operator so that they have access to other parties’ role contracts, on which the operator is observer.

Are these easy on Daml Hub?

1 Like

Hi @gyorgybalazsi

Number 1 should be straightforward to do, you just need to build and upload the trigger(s) in a separate DAR from your main Daml code. Then you can set it to run as UserAdmin (the Daml Hub operator party), or any other party.

For Number 2, we don’t (yet) support multiparty JWTs. What you can do instead is add the Daml Hub Public party as an observer to the Role contracts, and then stream the contracts with the Public token. There is some information about how to use the Public party on a Daml Hub custom UI in this thread, and of course in our docs as well.

2 Likes

Thank you!