Why daml-on-fabric is deprecated?

When I was going through the daml-on-fabric, I haven’t encountered any statement that states daml-on-fabric is deprecated in any of the daml documentation. please answer the below questions.

1. Can you share the link that shows the daml-on-fabric is deprecated, If I miss it incase?
  2. What exactly the reason that it is deprecated/discontinued from the version 1.10.x?

Thanks
Srikanth

I’m not 100% sure about the exact status of the Daml 1.x Hyperledger Fabric driver, but you can still build Daml applications and run them on Hyperledger Fabric using the Daml 2.x Canton Fabric domain.

The repo daml-on-fabric contains a Daml driver for Fabric that uses a direct style of integration that we commonly used with Daml 1.X.
With Daml 2.0, we introduced the Canton protocol and next generation Daml drivers that are able to deliver much superior privacy and security. Almost all blockchain integrations, including Fabric, now use Canton. With the decision to change how we integrate with Fabric, we also decided not to open source the next generation driver, which is why the repo is no longer maintained.

2 Likes

Thank you @bernhard