What happened to the create-daml-app git repo?

It seems that it’s no longer maintained - says it’s archived on github? I have this set-up as my remote in a local folder, and I can’t remember whether I added this manually or whether .git was included when I ran daml new.

The reason I’m asking is that I’d like to know how to keep the quickstart up-to-date locally? Previously I could just git pull.

In fact, what got me in this situation in the first place is that when I run yarn install, I get

error Couldn't find package "@daml-ts/create-daml-app-0.1.0@0.13.55" required by "create-daml-app@0.1.0" on the "npm" registry.

And I thought I was on the most recent version of the quickstart (judging by upstream), but then I realized the repo is stale :frowning:

I humbly suggest we add .git (back into?) to the package!

1 Like

The example is no longer in a separate repository. It is instead distributed as a regular template that you can get via daml new create-daml-app create-daml-app. Adding .git doesn’t really make sense since it is part of the daml repo and you clearly don’t want to clone the whole repository.

As for keeping quickstart up2date, I think your best option is to delete the directory and rerun daml new create-daml-app create-daml-app.

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

That’s what I was trying to avoid :confounded: but oh well … I suppose it will be less of an issue going forward when it stabilizes.

1 Like

Also happy to take suggestions on how to make the transition more visible to people visiting the create-daml-app repo. I have already added a blurb at the top of the page and at the top of the README; please advise on how to clarify those or what else I should add.

1 Like

The only thing I can suggest is to add a link into the main daml repo. But I think that as it stabilizes this will become less of an issue. The last month it was being updated regularly so that’s why this was a bit of a thing for me … but hopefully that won’t be the case going forward.

1 Like

Just having tripped over this today (1), I was thinking, how about you delete all content of the README except for a note where the contents of this repo has moved to?

(1) Type Script support dropped with SDK 1.9.0?

1 Like

Done. I’ve also removed the template tag at the GitHub level so people won’t be tricked into starting from that either.

2 Likes