Sequencer connection to Remote Domain

Hi Team,
I have setup a Daml domain on my server machines in a way that there are 2 machines to start with . On 1st machine - I have a domain, sequencer and a network of 5 besu nodes. My Machine-1 seqeuncer is successfully able to connect to besu node and to domain. I have setup another sequencer on machine-2 which is connected to one of the besu node in the besu network running on machine -1. Now by following the Canton documentation , I was able to connect the sequencer on machine-2 to domain running on machine-1. Now when i execute health.status on canton console of machine-2 then it says sequencer is connected to domain. But when i execute health.status on machin-1, then it does not gives the information of sequener that is running on machine -2. Health.status on machine-1 just gives information of sequencer and mediator running on machine-1.
Can you please suggest what am i missing here . I have read through the documentation but couldnt find anything that will confirm that Domain on machine-1 is successfully connected to 2 sequencers( one running on machine-1 and other running on machine-2). Any help would be highly appreciated.

Hi @pkeswani

Looks like nobody replied yet. Apologies for that. Given that you have access to the Besu driver, you should be able to reach out to support directly if you have such questions.

For your reference, there is a drawing of the components in the system here: Canton Domain on Ethereum — Daml SDK 2.6.3 documentation

From your explanations, I have the impression that with Domain you actually mean the Domain Manager Node. In a deployment, the “members”, which are participants, mediators and domain managers, communicate with each other using the “total order guaranteed multi-cast” service provided by the sequencer. As such, they connect to the sequencers that you instruct them. How to manage the sequencer connections is written up here:

https://docs.daml.com/canton/usermanual/connectivity.html#mediator-and-domain-manager

Now, in your example, sequencer1 and sequencer2 talk to each other via Besu. They are not aware of the connectivity state in a networking sense. All what they know is that they can submit encrypted payload they received from the members to Besu and read payload that was submitted by any other sequencer from Besu.

I hope that clarifies a few things.