How to set up a canton domain in different machine and connect participant nodes sequencer to that domain?

Hi Team,

I am using hyperledger besu .
I would like to have a domain in different machine and participant nodes and sequencer in different machine and I would like to connect this participant nodes and sequencer in different machine to the domain in different machine.
I am going through the documentation and facing many issues. could you please guide in this

Could you be a bit more specific about what steps you have undertaken and what problems you have faced? It would be good to know something about the network and the node topology you envisage and also what config files you have used.

Hi, @harikrishna_sri_ramo and welcome to the forums! Yours sounds like an exciting project.

I wonder if this post would be of any help. It does not include the Besu piece, but at least it has some example config files. Getting three Canton nodes up-and-running within Docker containers really helped me work through some of those details.

Hi Marcin ,

Thanks for your reply.
I have two besu nodes and two sequencers in machine 1 and domain in machine 1
I have two besu nodes and sequencers in machine 2
I was able to bootstrap domain with sequncer1 and and sequencer 2 of respective besu nodes in machine one and able to add the participant1 and participant2 with respective sequencers.
Now I am trying to connect the sequencer 1 of besu node 1 of machine 2 to the domain in the machine 1 using the sample command from the docs
domainManager1.setup.onboard_new_sequencer(
initialSequencer = sequencer1,
newSequencer = sequencer2,
)
but the command is not working , Is it because the domain is in the different machine?
below are the sample configuration files

machine 1

canton {
domainmanager {
mydomain {
admin-api {
address = “machine 1 address”
port = “5019”
}

public-api {
      address = "machine 1 address"
      port = "5018"
    }
  }
}
participants {
  participant1 {
    admin-api {
      port = "5012"
    }
    ledger-api {
      port = "5011"
    }
  }
  participant2 {
    admin-api {
      port = "5022"
    }
    ledger-api {
      port = "5021"
    }
  }
}

mediator{}
also info related to sequencers
}

machine 2 sample file
canton {

participants {
  participant1 {
    admin-api {
      address = "machine 2 address"
      port = "5012"
    }
    ledger-api {
      port = "5011"
    }
  }
  participant2 {
    admin-api {
      port = "5022"
    }
    ledger-api {
      port = "5021"
    }
  }
}

mediator{}
also info related to sequencers
}

Hi Marcin,

Could you please let me know your thoughts in this query

Hi WallaceKelly,
Thanks for your suggestion.
Do you have any suggestions regarding connecting a remote sequencer to a remote domain

@harikrishna_sri_ramo, you said:

I am trying to connect the sequencer 1 of besu node 1 of machine 2 to the domain in the machine 1 using the sample command from the docs

domainManager1.setup.onboard_new_sequencer(
    initialSequencer = sequencer1,
    newSequencer = sequencer2,
)

but the command is not working

Was there an error message? Did it contain any more clues? If there was no error message on the onboard_new_sequencer call, what symptom are you seeing to indicate that it is not working?