Problems with Edit Feature

btw I think the edit feature here is broken, I edited my previous reply to Gary 3 times and at a first view it seems to apply the edits but then if I reload i get the original again.

1 Like

@entzik I’ve moved this to a new topic so we can try to fix this without polluting the other thread.

Discourse does optimistic updating so if you edit on your machine, it immediately updates your screen, and only send a request to update the data on the server in the background. If that goes wrong, sure to network issues, maybe it’s possible to lose data, but I’m surprised you wouldn’t get an error message.

What browser are you using? And can you still reproduce the issue by trying to edit your post in this thread?

1 Like

I experienced this issue this afternoon (12:30pm NZDST) while attempting to edit the ‘Daml on Debian’ tutorial. I was able to make some minor edits, I saved/exited, then went and created another small ‘Daml on Ubuntu’ tutorial, once complete, returned to the first one. After further edits, and saving, I saw an error message:

“There was a problem saving the document”

Select CANCEL, get prompted to save a draft.

However after revisiting the tutorial again, if I edit & save about 4 edits at a time, no error. Not a show-stopper, merely vexing.