In Canton CLI, is it possible to run a bootstrap script or something equivalent?

Hi team,

In Canton CLI, is it possible to run a bootstrap script or something equivalent ?
Or is it possible read an argument using the bootstrap script ?
For example, if I start a domain node and I want to set up the connect from my bootstrap script. How could I automate this process ?

Cheers,
Jean-Paul

Hi Jean-Paul,

Thank you for your question!

In Canton CLI, is it possible to run a bootstrap script or something equivalent ?

For example, if I start a domain node and I want to set up the connect from my bootstrap script. How could I automate this process ?

Canton does support bootstrap scripts. These bootstrap scripts can run Canton CLI commands such as connecting participants to domains. You can get more information in the documentation: Getting Started — Daml SDK 2.6.5 documentation.

Or is it possible read an argument using the bootstrap script ?

You can also put Scala code in bootstrap scripts, allowing them to read environment variables or files if necessary. Configuration should, however, be performed using the Canton config file where possible (Command-line Arguments — Daml SDK 2.6.5 documentation, Static Configuration — Daml SDK 2.6.5 documentation).

Let me know if you have any further questions.

3 Likes

Thanks Phoebe!