Error while uploading dar file to my corda node

Hi all ,

I am getting a “GRPCIOTimeout” error while trying to upload my dar file to my single node Corda network setup.
I’ve used command ```
daml ledger upload-dar --host localhost --port 10005 .daml/dist/ticket-0.0.1.dar

ledgerhost : localhost
ledgerport : 10005 (this is my RPC port number of my single node of corda )

Kindly help me with the correct steps as I’m unable to connect Daml to Corda. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Hi Kartik, good to see you experimenting with DAML-on-Corda. Was your Corda node provided by Chainstack ? If so you need to get it upgraded to DAML-on-Corda by requesting that here.

With that done they will provide you, in addition to the Corda RPC port, with a DAML RPC port.

It is the DAML RPC port that should be used with DAML commands.

Regards.

1 Like

Hey Simon , Thank you so much for replying me.

No , I’m not using Chainstack provided Corda node. I’m using a local Corda network setup with just a single node.
In place of ledgerport I placed my RPC port number of that single node running on my own machine.
I don’t know how to get DAML RPC port. I need to connect my dar file to my local corda node and execute transactions which would be written to local corda ledger.

Also I tried , daml deploy --host=localhost --port=10005 , but it throwed me GRPCIOBadStatusCode StatusDeadlineExceeded (StatusDetails {unStatusDetails = “Deadline Exceeded”}) error.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi Kartik, can you give us a little more info so we can best help?

• Do you have a copy of DAML Driver for Corda via your company?

• If so, please use our support portal to submit a support request to the team using the same credentials you used to download the software and we’ll be able to help. (We’re not able to offer community support for DAML for Corda.)
  • Are you just using raw Corda and trying to run DAML on it?

• This is not possible without the DAML Driver for Corda
    • If you want to get a hold of the Driver independently, see the next answer below.
  • If you are interested in trying out DAML for Corda and you don’t have a license via your company, please visit Chainstack where you’ll be able to access a cloud-deployed Corda network with DAML enabled out of the box.

Hopefully this gives you some pointers.

1 Like