Daml Finance - Customer App Interface & Implementation Layer

Hi Daml-Finance team, I was just going through the Daml Finance App and looking for Customer Application Interface and Implementation layer code, but I couldn’t find any. I am also referring DAML Finance Architecture diagram for creating my own customer application interface & implementation layer. Could you please provide the link where I can get any such sample so that I can develop my own customer application interface and implementation layer.

2 Likes

Hi @Rocky

You’ve caught us out in not following our own documented patterns :slight_smile:

We’ve simply not gotten around to refactoring the Daml Finance App into interface and implementation layers just yet. I’ve created Refactor app into interface and implementation layer · Issue #73 · digital-asset/daml-finance-app · GitHub to track this, and we will be tackling this soon-ish.

Thanks for pointing it out!

EDIT: for what it will roughly look like: we’ll have interfaces for all the Service templates exposing the “User API” for each. Also, most of the templates in the Model files will likely be abstracted behind interfaces. The UI would then only depend on interface packages, while the setup scripts will use the implementation packages to set things up initially.

2 Likes