DA Marketplace on Daml Hub (0.2.0)

Hi,

I’ve been trying to setup DA’s marketplace app on its latest version (0.2.0) on Daml Hub and running into some issues.

According to the documentation I’m able to reach up to the point linked below without any serious issues.

There are some differences as to the latest Daml Hub UI, but nothing extreme.

I was trying to side step the quick guide and execute the following:

• Create myself the identities on Daml Hub
  • Request/offer the various roles to the identities through the DA Marketplace UI.

The main issue I’m having is that when trying to add a new role to one of those ledger identities, the dropdown for the operator does not show any parties, which leads me to believe that the public party is not enabling the capacity for other parties to fetch any existing Operator roles and the operator party signatory to them.

Any help appreciated on how to work around this issue or whether there are any other steps that I may have missed.

1 Like

Hi Luis,

I have a few questions to try to better understand the issue:

What version of the Marketplace are you running? Is it the 0.2.0-rc.3 tag, or a build off the latest main branch (commit ca6dce...)? (latest main has quite a few differences between rc.3)

Which role are you trying to add? Some more specific steps to reproduce the issue will be helpful.

Which dropdown are you using? Are you using the Quick Setup pages to configure the roles, or the buttons on the main page after a party log in (under the portfolio and party info)?

Thanks!

Surely,

Here’s the commit from my cloned repository

git rev-parse HEAD
ca6dce1729985abb589c47533861bbb5aa7b1879
git rev-parse --short HEAD
ca6dce17

Really any role. As I mentioned, I’m opting not to go through the quick setup, an example as I request the custody role with the Custodian, the dropdown doesn’t show the operator which I would expect to be the UserAdmin

Here’s the only contract available (OperatorRole) and the set of parties that I’ve on the ledger

Thanks!

I can confirm that there’s a UI bug with fetching the list of Operator.Role contracts as the public party for these dropdowns. Until we have a fix, you may use the Quick Setup (confirmed that this works for me for assigning roles), or make the request directly via the contracts in the Daml Hub UI.

Through Hub, there are two options:

1. As the UserAdmin / Operator, exercise the Offer*name*Role choice and select the party that should be given the role as the Provider
  2. As the party of choice, create a new contract through the “Add Contract” button. Type in Role:Request in the template field to filter the list to role request contracts, and select the desired one. Use the same party for the Provider field, and the UserAdmin for Operator.

#2 is exactly equivalent to what the Marketplace UI is supposed to do for you, but #1 may be faster/easier to carry out.

Note that in all cases, the Auto Approve triggers must be running for the parties involved

Thanks, will follow as suggested.

Also, is there an estimate towards the fix on this issue being committed, therefore making it a more final resolution of this topic?

Hi @Luis_Marado, I just merged in a fix for this if you run a git pull on the main branch. Let me know if you continue to encounter this issue

1 Like