"Visualize daml project" comand in DAML Studio Command Palette sometimes throws error

Sometimes works, sometimes not.

I experienced error eg. with a fresh new project starting by right-clicking on the Main.daml file and choosing the Command Palette from the popup menu, but it worked from another file or starting Command Palette with the keyboard shortcut.

When it works, it’s great, much more convenient than the CLI command version.

2 Likes

Hi György,
Are you using the same SDK version in both cases? We’ve lately fixed some issues in this area.
Do you know concrete steps to reproduce the failure on the newest SDK version (1.1.1)? If so, would you mind opening a bug report on Issues · digital-asset/daml · GitHub with short instructions on how to reproduce? That would help us a lot with fixing the issue.
Many thanks,
Martin.

1 Like

Thanks, I will

1 Like

No, I have found out the solution.

After I open DAML Studio, it takes some time to work properly. Eg it takes some time to appear the “Scenario results” link above the scenario definition.

It I try to issue the “Visualize daml project” too early, before the “Scenario results” link appears, it throws an error. If I wait until the “Scenario results” link appears, it works properly.

2 Likes