"Sup, DAML community!" -Kirk Sudduth

Hope you are all well!
I am new to DAML and just completed the getting started tutorial from DAML’s website. Blockchain technology is super exciting and I can’t wait to learn more about how to write code to interact with it.
I’m a dad, a partner, a baker (thanks to the Great British Baking Show), and a music enthusiast.
I’m currently in the interview process for a Blockchain Software Developer I position at Change Healthcare (Nashville, TN) and wanted to expose myself to a bit of the technology so I could at least talk about it in the interview.
Look forward to learning from the community!
Thanks!

5 Likes

Welcome @kirksudduth and good luck with the interview!

3 Likes

Hi, Kirk, welcome to the forum! I hope your Daml’ing can help with the interview, good luck!

3 Likes

Hi @kirksudduth , if you are looking for something specific to Healthcare, there’s an example here: GitHub - digital-asset/ex-healthcare-claims-processing: Reference DAML application demonstrating a healthcare use case.

4 Likes

Welcome @kirksudduth :clap: Great to have you in the Daml forum. How was the first “getting started” tutorial?

Good luck with the interview process and let us know if you have any questions on Daml in the meantime.

1 Like

Thanks, @andreolf!
The getting started tutorial was great!
Encountered a slight hiccup when adding the SendMessage choice because I initially included it in the Message template.
It was a great example to step through though.

@bernhard that is awesome and will definitely take a look! Thank you so much!

@stefanobaghino-da happy to be here!

Thank you @cocreature – look forward to having some news one way or the other soon!

2 Likes

Also we’re redesigning the UI/UX on this app so expect to see an updated version sometime in April. There’s also a full list of resources at Daml learning materials and resources - Tutorials and Guides - Daml Developers Community

Anyways welcome @kirksudduth :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks for the heads up @anthony!

2 Likes

Hey @kirksudduth so it took a bit longer than April (and we might improve the app further) but if you want to check out our shiny new Healthcare Claims Processing RefApp you can do so here: GitHub - digital-asset/ex-healthcare-claims-processing: Reference DAML application demonstrating a healthcare use case.

Also if you have any thoughts or feedback I’d be happy to hear it.