Start canton failed

Hi, I use canton enterprise 2.4, and it was successfully initialized, but after I deleted the canton pod, it now can not be started with below errors:

ERROR c.d.c.c.LocalDomainManagerReference:manager=myDomain - The following sequencers have already been initialized with other domains previously: fabricSequencer2,fabricSequencer3,fabricSequencer1

ERROR c.d.c.ConsoleInteractiveRunner - Running bootstrap script failed with an exception (The following sequencers have already been initialized with other domains previously: fabricSequencer2,fabricSequencer3,fabricSequencer1)!

The following sequencers have already been initialized with other domains previously: fabricSequencer2,fabricSequencer3,fabricSequencer1

Please help, thanks.

I updated the storage type to postgres, it works now even though I restarted the canton several times.

For anyone, if you encounter this error, please hit this link Static Configuration — Daml SDK {sdk} documentation

So it seems like the domain manager node didn’t have access to its original data, while the sequencer nodes had. You then attempted to run bootstrapping and the sequencer nodes complained as they were already tied to a domain.

Once you fixed the storage configuration of the domain manager, it picked up the previous data and things proceeded from there. Or at least that’s my interpretation. But good that you could resolve your issue.

As you seem to have canton enterprise, please reach out to support directly if you need a more timely response.

1 Like