Performance/Throughput of daml with hyperledger fabric as underlying DLT

Hi Team,

I was unable to find a result on internet as well as the DA forum for this specific question.
Please provide a throughput result and details of daml over hyperledger fabric

1. daml-on-fabric
  2. Canton+Hyperledger fabric

Hi @Hem-M ,

We don’t currently publish reproducible benchmark numbers for Daml integrations. A lot of effort has gone into Daml’s performance over the last couple of years, but testing and corresponding performance results are based on real-world use-cases for which we cannot share the code.

daml-for-fabric is a first generation integration that is now deprecated. I would recommend against building on that at this point. Testing performance on it would not be indicative of performance on any other Daml drivers, either.

When it comes to Fabric performance in general, you can see from their own benchmarks that it’s quite sensitive to “asset size”, which you can read as payload size of a transaction. Translating that into Daml, you get a lot more performance for simple transaction with few Daml ledger events and little data on create and exercise nodes than for complex transactions or transactions with a lot of data on them. It is therefore quite difficult to make any performance predictions for Daml on HL Fabric without knowing anything about the use-case at hand.
The Canton-based Daml driver for Canton is an enterprise feature. If you are interested in learning learning about it in detail, and discussing your use-case and its feasibility on the Daml driver for HL Fabric, please contact Digital Asset.

1 Like

Do you have a benchmark numbers for DAML alone for any sample application?

This may well change in the future, but for now, I recommend contacting Digital Asset to get insights into the capabilities of the enterprise drivers.