Hi, I post a question following the previous article.
Currently, we are before the commercial service was opened in the company, but a big crisis occurred in the project due to the results of the performance test a while ago.
To summarize the test results, even if testing under various conditions and scale-up tests on laptops and servers, tps does not rise more than 130 tps in daml-on-sql and the maximum is almost fixed. (The maximum performance of daml-on-sql itself is 130 tps, which is our team’s conclusion.)
Due to the performance issue, we have to report it to our boss, but I would like the DAML team’s official answer to the following five items.
- I want to know if the result of our test based on PostgreSQL is the maximum speed, or the official maximum performance value based on DAML’s PostgreSQL.
- To improve performance, I was told that there is an infrastructure impact in the previous answer. Please tell me in detail which infrastructure needs to be upgraded. (We are not seeing great effect using scale up and Ledger API.)
- I answered in the previous post that a performance upgrade version will be released sometime, but now we are in a desperate situation where we have no choice but to wait for it, and we want to know the date of the proposal. And I want to know how much improvement will be made.
- Can a commercial service contract solve this problem? If a solution is possible, let me know how.
- Even if vmware, corda, and fabric are used as ledger db, I think it cannot be faster than PostgreSQL in the same domain, but I would like to know if there is any official performance test data for this.
- We tested both Json-RPC and Ledger API, but Ledger API also doesn’t have a big impact on TPS.
- Our project focuses on using Json-RPC rather than Ledger API due to security and operational issues.
- Our service is highly dependent on daml code. So, there is no alternative other than daml, and we want to quickly find a solution to the current problem.
- The test environment completely has no elements other than Json-RPC and daml-on-sql. (There is no BlockChain or user UI and various API connections)
Please be sure to give the above 5 individual answers.