Need help with Daml build that sometimes fails, saying that it imports a package with the same name

G-d willing

Hello,
Every now and then, when I do daml build I am getting an error on the project indicating the following:

user error (Package {project name} imports a package with the same name. Please check your
  dependencies and rename the package you are compiling or the dependency.)

The strange thing, is that it does not happen all the time. So I don’t know why it is happening from the first place. Does anyone know anything about this?
Regarding the dependencies of this project, it is using 2 dependencies that are not pointing in anyway back to my project.

Hi @cohen.avraham,

This is going to be really hard to answer without some more concrete information. A verbatim copy of the faulty daml.yaml file would be a good start.

At this point the best I can do is point you to this documentation page, which explains how to resolve name conflicts in dependencies.

2 Likes

@Gary_Verhaegen one more important info about this, is the fact that once it happens, I am resolving it by rebuilding the entire full project (which consists on several DAML projects).
And just to be clear, when I am having that problem, I am verifying that all the dependencies exist in their folders, and no code changes has been done to them