Markdown referencing HTML in generated doc

Hi,
Trying to generate the Markdown documentation with the same constructs than what’s in daml finance and I am getting what seems to be a weird result. The index.md Markdown file then references some html files instead of the generated daml modules (which are well generated). What am I missing? This is tested on the generated quickstart-java app

quickstart-java$ make doc-code
daml damlc docs
–output=docs/test.json
–package-name=test
–format Json
daml/Iou.daml daml/IouTrade.daml daml/Main.daml daml/Tests/Trade.daml daml/Tests/Iou.daml
Writing docs/test.json…
daml damlc docs
–output=docs/test-md
–input-format=json
–format=md
–exclude-modules=Tests.Iou
–exclude-instances=HasField,HasImplementation,HasFromInterface,HasToInterface,HasInterfaceView,HasExercise,HasExerciseGuarded,HasFromAnyChoice,HasToAnyChoice
–drop-orphan-instances
docs/test.json

quickstart-java$ more docs/test-md/index.md

• [Iou](Iou. html#module-iou-79397)
  • [IouTrade](IouTrade. html#module-ioutrade-26604)
  • [Main](Main. html#module-main-6666)
  • Tests.Trade

Hi Jean!
I’ve recreated this locally and can confirm it is a bug. We have a ticket here and a PR to fix here.

I’ll put an update here once the PR is confirmed working and merged :slight_smile:

Thanks for the bug report!
Samuel

The update has been pushed up to main. Sadly, we cannot directly change this behaviour, as some clients rely on it. However, we’ve added a --doc-ext flag, so in your case, you can add --doc-ext md to resolve your issue (when using most recent main).