Ledger export error against Daml Hub

I’m trying to export the contents of a ledger running on Daml hub and keep getting an error.

The script I’m running:

daml ledger export script \
    --host "${HUB_LEDGER_ID}.daml.app" \
    --port 443 \
    --cacrt isrgrootx1.pem \
    --access-token-file everly_token.txt \
    --party ${PARTY} \
    --output ../out \
    --sdk-version 2.2.0 \

The error message:

17:46:34.532 [script-export-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-4] INFO  akka.event.slf4j.Slf4jLogger - Slf4jLogger started
io.grpc.StatusRuntimeException: INTERNAL: http2 exception
17:46:35.606 [script-export-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-8] INFO  akka.actor.CoordinatedShutdown - Running CoordinatedShutdown with reason [ActorSystemTerminateReason]

What am I doing wrong?

Hi @gyorgybalazsi yes we are seeing the same behaviour when trying to run that command against Daml Hub ledgers – we suspect there is some quirk with the underlying gRPC libraries when negotiating the SSL connection.

We’ll try to look at what might be the root cause here but likely won’t have a workable alternative without doing some further investigation.

Is this currently blocking anything critical for you?

Rgds
Brian

Hi @gyorgybalazsi I confirmed there is a bug here with the daml export command when run against an authenticated ledger with SSL – bug is raised here daml ledger export script does not work against authenticated SSL ledger · Issue #16147 · digital-asset/daml · GitHub

I cannot state a specific timeline for resolution but will raise with the team that owns this component to aim to resolve. Suggest you subscribe to watch that ticket if you want to track progress on the fix.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information!