How to start DAML on SQL by using the jar file

Hi,

I have a question on how to start the LedgerAPI in combination with PostgreSQL. I have seen that you release (Release 1.3.0 · digital-asset/daml · GitHub) now the JSON API as as an independent component. Where do I find in the latest release the jar file for the LedgerAPI? I dont want to use the full daml skd just the jar file…

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hi @novusopt,

We’re working on providing a single-node DAML ledger with persistence as independent component in our open source DAML SDK releases. Unfortunately it’s not quite ready just yet. Once it is, we’ll definitely announce it in the release notes.

2 Likes

Hi @gerolf,

thx for the input. So there is currently no way to start the LedgerAPI by using a jar file? I have a constraint in my setup which allows only java deployments…

1 Like

The SDK tarball contains a single daml-sdk.jar JAR for all JVM components in the SDK including Sandbox. I’ve described where you can find it and how you can use it in How can I make debug statements visible in the sandbox logs?. Note that this is not guaranteed to be stable across SDK versions so use with caution but it might be a useful workaround in the meantime.

1 Like

Hi @cocreature

thanks a lot! Correct me if I am wrong, currently there is no “production ready” component (jar or whatever) to run DAML on PostgreSQL?

@novusopt, if you are interested in a commercially supported DAML on SQL distribution, you’ll have to talk to Digital Asset Sales about that.

If what you are after is a stand-alone JAR from the open source offering to run somewhere, we are planning to put one on GitHub Releases adjacent to the JSON API JAR. See #6794.

1 Like

hi @bernhard,

that means, there is a commercially supported standalone jar?
thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hi @novusopt, I believe you are already in contact with @Vivek_Srivastava. He should be able to provide you with more information on commercial support for DAML on SQL.

1 Like