How do I plug a custom AuthService into the Sandbox

Suppose I wanted to run Sandbox, or any Ledger relying on the Integration Kit with a custom AuthService, how would I do that?

The sandbox currently does not allow to have a custom AuthService plugged in.

I’m not aware of other ledger implementations that have such capability, but in principle an integration could implement the possibility of providing a custom AuthService implementation.

Is this now possible? The sandbox configuration has an authService parameter which the authentication options on the command line seem to use. This tells me that you can configure the sandbox to use a token issuing service of your choice. Or am I misunderstanding the meaning of “auth” here?

Confusingly, the AuthService in the code seems to refer to authorization whereas the command line options in the docs use it for authentication. I’m currently trying to run the sandbox using a custom authentication service.

No, the original answer was simply saying that you can’t use a custom AuthService, which still holds true. What you can do, using command line parameters, is configuring the AuthService implementation in the sandbox.

In order to use a custom AuthService one would need a pluggable implementation, which is currently not on the roadmap for the sandbox.