Fix my bike: Use Daml to model a real life example

Here it is. https://kctheservant.medium.com/fix-my-bike-use-daml-to-model-a-real-life-example-ec6b578b02fb

cheers,
kc

5 Likes

Great work @kctam!

Mod Note: This topic was moved from a different topic and the final blog post was moved to the top, all older posts below

Today I just got a note that it’s now 1.10.0! Just download the latest SDK and test again on the code and test script. I documented everything in a Google Doc, and I am thinking to put a link below the video and make it in a post tomorrow after final review on it.

Thanks!

kc

2 Likes

If you have enough content we could even let you write a guest blog post on daml.com, what do you think @kctam?

1 Like

Hi @andreolf Thanks for your advice. I see it as a supplementary note more than a blog post, as it’s Andreas’ great work. Here is the doc and kindly take a look and comments are welcome. http://bit.ly/3bmcNaG

2 Likes

Awesome! Going to read through this now, feel free to put it in the Tutorials and Guides section.

Also not sure where the code for this video is but if it’s on GitHub maybe a PR to update it to 1.10.0 would be good? That’d make it a lot easier for anyone to check out.

2 Likes

yes in the section on the #tutorials-and-guides it is also great! Great work @kctam!

Thanks @anthony help to make my article better! Am thinking just use the Google doc like, or like my other works in Medium. Google doc gives me more formatting choice, while Medium requires some format change.

1 Like

Medium also gets it out in front of a larger audience

1 Like

@kctam Thank you, that was excellent. It struck me how conceptually powerful yet technically low-cost (Not computationally low, but understanding low), this type of Smart Contract is.

Not to mention, practical.

I was going to suggest some modifications to the original use case but they would be pedanticism in action, instead I’d like to message you directly with some questions about ‘real worlding’ this post :thinking:

2 Likes