Daml SDK setup issue for v1.15.0

First installation of Daml processed smoothly (version 1.15.0 with daml install latest ).
When tried to daml new create-daml-app, following message popped:
SDK not installed. Cannot run command without SDK. To proceed, please install the SDK by running: daml install 1.12.0

While reinstalling, shows following error:
Daml SDK cannot remove previous version and it just hangs at 100% in a never ending loop. Tried to even remove manually, it is not getting in run mode.

System information:
Microsoft Windows 10(Dell-Latitude 5400, x64, 8gb-RAM)

Any help here would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!

1 Like

Hi @ankita, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear that you’re having issues. I recommend to download the Windows installer from Github releases. It will prompt you during installation if you want to delete the existing installation, confirm that and you should hopefully end up with a working and up2date setup again.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!
I followed this and it get stuck(for hours) at the end of installation with message:
Installing… Please wait while Daml connect SDK is installed.

And I have followed this process multiple times, at the end after few hours, had to stop it from Task Manager!

1 Like

Hm, never seen that. Can you try rebooting? Windows doesn’t allow deleting files if they’re still being used so one possibility would be that there is still a running process that accesses the existing installation and blocks cleanup.

1 Like

Yes, Thanks for clarification but I tried rebooting, It’s again showing following message when I run: daml start, even it’s already there.
SDK not installed. Cannot run command without SDK. To proceed, please install the SDK by running: daml install 1.12.0

1 Like

That looks like you have SDK 1.15.0 installed but your project’s daml.yaml specifies 1.12.0. You can either try running the install command it suggest or even better, change the version in your daml.yaml to 1.15.0.

2 Likes

Thanks! You are right! Changed the version of project to 1.15.0 and new error:

*daml start*
*Compiling ems-demo-v2 to a DAR.*
*File:     daml\TestScript.daml*
*Hidden:   no*
*Range:    19:15-19:28*
*Source:   typecheck*
*Severity: DsError*
*Range:    19:15-19:28*
*Source:   typecheck*
*Severity: DsError*
*  daml\TestScript.daml:19:15: error:*
*  ΓÇó Constructor ΓÇÿPatientΓÇÖ does not have the required strict field(s): operator,   *
*  patient, patientName,*
*  demographics*
*  ΓÇó In the first argument of ΓÇÿcreateCmdΓÇÖ, namely ΓÇÿPatient {}ΓÇÖ*
*  In a stmt of a 'do' block: createCmd Patient {}*
*  In the second argument of ΓÇÿsubmitΓÇÖ, namely*
*  ΓÇÿdo createCmd Patient {}ΓÇÖ*
*ERROR: Creation of DAR file failed.*

Also, when replaced the 1.12.0 and tried to install same version-------->
*Installing SDK version 1.12.0*
*Downloading SDK release.*
*daml: Failed to download SDK release.*
*  context: Installing the SDK.*
*  details: HttpExceptionRequest Request {*
*  host                 = "github.com"*
*  port                 = 443*
*  secure               = True*
*  requestHeaders       = []*
*  path                 = "/digital-asset/daml/releases/download/v1.12.0/daml-sdk-1.12.0-windows.tar.gz" *
*  queryString          = ""*
*  method               = "GET"*
*  proxy                = Nothing*
*  rawBody              = False*
*  redirectCount        = 10*
*  responseTimeout      = ResponseTimeoutDefault*
*  requestVersion       = HTTP/1.1*
*}*
* (InternalException (HandshakeFailed (Error_Misc "Network.Socket.recvBuf: invalid argument (Invalid argument)")))*
1 Like

Can you share the code producing the error? It looks like you are trying to create a contract which has the fields operator, patient, patientName, demographics but oyu are not setting them.

1 Like