DAML and Hyperledger Burrow

I have seen a lot of information about hyperledger fabric but nothing about burrow except in a question about Iroha support. Does DAML support burrow? It seems like a good fit

2 Likes

Hi Luke, Welcome to the Daml forums. Daml doesn’t currently target Burrow (or the underlying Tendermint). Technologically I agree that an integration is possible, but we’ve not seen much demand for it. What do you like about Burrow that makes it a particularly good fit for Daml in your opinion? And do you have a use-case in mind that you think could profit from that combo over Daml on Sawtooth or Fabric, say?

2 Likes

Hi Bernhard, to be honest I’ve been doing a lot of research on private blockchains for a project I’m working on and don’t know enough about Burrow to have an informed opinion. It seems to have been made by a company doing something similar to what I’m trying to do so I thought it might be a good fit but I also would really like to use Daml on whatever blockchain I go with.

My top choice before finding burrow was fabric anyway so I’m not sold on it, just trying to figure out my options.

1 Like

I assume you are talking about Monax, in which case you may be interested in this existing Daml use case: Aline Blog - Smart legal contracts

1 Like

So I have to ask, what’s the project if you can share? Also feel free to DM if you prefer and maybe I can find you more resources.