Cannot find dependency for refapp ex-bond-issuance in the lib-finance library

I would like to check out the ex-bond-issuance refapp (GitHub - digital-asset/ex-bond-issuance: Reference DAML application demonstrating a bond issuance use case.).

Some dependencies are supposed to be in the lib-finance library (GitHub - digital-asset/lib-finance).

I have copied the lib-finance library into the project as instructed in the README.

In this way, this import instruction is OK:

import DA.Finance.Types

But other dependencies cannot be found:

import DA.Finance.Fact.Asset
import DA.Finance.Rule.Asset

Where are these?

Thanks

1 Like

The bond reference app was built against an older version of the Finance Library. It seems the instructions are outdated. @gaborh can you maybe help?

2 Likes

I think the README is wrong in its current form. I am fixing it and getting back to you.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Or maybe in the /ex-bond-issuance/src/main/daml/DA/RefApps/Bond/Roles/CentralBankRole.daml file these two imports

import DA.Finance.Fact.Asset
import DA.Finance.Rule.Asset

should be replaced by one import

import DA.Finance.Asset ?

In the root folder of the lib-finance library, there is an Asset.daml file.

According to this script, you should be copying in this commit from the finance library. Can you try that?

1 Like

As @gaborh mentioned, the README was not up-to-date, apologies for that. A PR is on the way to fix it.

In the meantime You can fix this issue by doing any of the following:

1. Option A
    mvn clean package

2. Option B
    python ./scripts/getfinlib.py 1.1.1

After running one of these you should have the necessary finlib in place, i.e. target/finlib-master-sdk-1.1.1.dar.

After that you should be able to start app in standalone mode or using docker-compose up --build.

3 Likes

Please check latest master, README is updated (hash: fa424266).

2 Likes

Thanks!

Yes, thank you!

@georg what do you think is the best way to include the lib-finance library if I wat to create a new project using it?

Using this script or copying the folder into my project?

I would recommend to check in the DAR and reference that via a relative path in dependencies / data-dependencies. Then daml build works without any extra steps and you also don’t accidentally recompile your dependency which can change the package id and thereby invalidate all references to old templates.

2 Likes

Yep, what @cocreature said. For now best is to check out the lib-finance repo, compile once, and check in the DAR into your repo. We’re working towards being able to pull this in in a nicer way.

2 Likes

Thank you!