Application-id as user-id required in executing script with authorization

Hi,

Referring to a previous ask (link), I have tested to run script with authorization.

1. run allocateParties with participant_admin jwt
  2. run initialize with superuser jwt (superuser can act as alice and bob)

In 2, when I used this command

daml script --dar .daml/dist/project-0.0.1.dar --script-name Main:initialize --input-file ledger-parties.json --ledger-host localhost --ledger-port 6865 --access-token-file superuserjwt

It fails with the message in the sandbox

WARN  c.d.l.a.a.Authorizer - PERMISSION_DENIED(7,0): Claims are only valid for applicationId 'superuser', actual applicationId is 'daml-script', context: {participant: "sandbox", err-context: "{location=ErrorFactories.scala:238}"}

Then I add --application-id superuser in this command

daml script --dar .daml/dist/project-0.0.1.dar --script-name Main:initialize --input-file ledger-parties.json --ledger-host localhost --ledger-port 6865 --access-token-file superuserjwt --application-id superuser

It works well.

Kindly advice if it is related to a previous ask, about using --application-id for userid in this case.

Thanks in advance.

kc

1 Like

Daml script doesn’t really care. The only thing that matters is that what is in your token matches what you specify via --application-id. Note that this is only relevant for the custom daml claims tokens. For the user access tokens there is no such restriction.

Thanks @cocreature . I am using the user access token (with userId superuser) specified in the superuserjwt. But wihtout the --application-id superuser the script cannot be executed, with error message (and warning message in Sandbox).

Oh that’s a good point. I’ve opened an issue for this Daml Script should rely on application id defaulting · Issue #13474 · digital-asset/daml · GitHub. In the meantime, you do have to pass the flag and match the user id.

Thanks @cocreature . Yes that’s what I am doing now.

cheers,
kc