Query Re Canton 1.0 Future Release

Hi Canton Team,

I saw that the Canton 1.0 Future Release is available and wanted to ask if there were any significant changes? If so, can you please point out the relevant documentation?

Hi Ben

The Canton 1.0 release candidate 6 can be downloaded here: https://www.canton.io/releases/canton-community-1.0.0-rc6.tar.gz. The release notes are contained in the artefact. I’ll post them here too:

# Release Candidate of Canton 1.0.0-rc6

Canton 1.0.0-rc6 has been published on 2022-01-10.

## Minor Improvements

- Including last errors in the health.dump
- Consolidated all timeout arguments in the console commands to use the same argument type `TimeoutDuration`, including a default translation from `scala.concurrent.duration.Duration`. This means that all timeouts are now to be defined as `x.millis`, `x.seconds` or `x.minutes`. Usually this is not necessary as the default arguments should suffice.
- Fixed a minor issue where the console help did not include the domain manager and setup commands.
- Extended the sequencer node to expose the topology read service, allowing inspecting the topology state of a sequencer node for troubleshooting purposes.
- Fixed the database initialisation to avoid allocating an unnecessary database connection pool temporarily during startup.
- Fixed an issue where an exception was thrown on a startup failure, leading to unnecessary noise on the console.
- Reworked and clarified on how many db connections are allocated when explicitly setting the db connection numbers with max-db-connections.
- Improved idempotency of domain bootstrapping command.
- Improved logging clarify when hitting database overload situations.
- Enabled tracing propagation by default.

As far as I am aware, these notes aren’t published anywhere as it’s only a release candidate. You can find release notes for full releases on the GitHub releases page: Releases · digital-asset/canton · GitHub.

1 Like

Thank you :+1:t2: