Queries regarding process of ledger/Participant node database update after transaction is completed on Canton

Hi team,

I would like to find out more about the process of a ledger/database update from the initiation of a ledger event up till when the information is committed to each Participant node’s database.
I’d like to check on the appropriate usage of certain technical terms and the specific information committed to the Participant Node Databases when a transaction is processed successfully.

Can I check:

1. What is the appropriate term to use when initiating a create/archive/exercise on the ledger?
  2. What is the difference between a transaction and event in the context of Canton/Daml?
  3. What information is stored in the Participant node from a completed transaction/event?

I understand the subview of a transaction visible to a Participant node is stored in the DB. Is there a separate stand-alone snippet of info stored on the DB detailing new/changed Contract states which is also committed to the databases in addition to the transaction subview data?

Thank you!

Answer provided by @Ratko_Veprek

(1) Here is written up what a Tx is:
https://docs.daml.com/concepts/ledger-model/ledger-structure.html#actions-and-transactions

(2) A Canton Tx is a privacy preserving decomposition of the Daml transaction on a per stakeholder group: Scaling and Performance — Daml SDK 2.7.6 documentation

(3) What is stored is actually documented decently in the storage estimation guide: Overview and Assumptions — Daml SDK 2.7.6 documentation