GRPCIOBadStatusCode

why i am getting this error
GRPCIOBadStatusCode StatusUnimplemented (StatusDetails {unStatusDetails = "Method not found: com.daml.ledger.api.v1.admin.PartyManagementService/ListKnownParties"})

while using following command
daml ledger allocate-parties PARTY --host localhost --port 9000
in daml-on-sawtooth example ?

1 Like

The daml-on-sawtooth repo currently pulls in DAML components from DAML SDK 0.13.41 via its pom.xml. There have been some minor changes to the API in the meantime which would cause such errors. Please use DAML SDK 0.13.41 until the sawtooth example has been updated. You can do so by running daml install 0.13.41 and/or setting the SDK version to 0.13.41 in your daml.yaml file.

1 Like

Thanks @bernhard even after using SDK 0.13.41 still i am getting following error
GRPCIOBadStatusCode StatusUnavailable (StatusDetails {unStatusDetails = “Connection reset by peer”})

1 Like

Hi Nishchal! Can you confirm you’re running the Sandbox (and not the Navigator) on port 9000? The default port for Sandbox is 6865.

3 Likes

I didn’t understand where do I need to start sandbox.
I am following the flow as described in daml-on-sawtooth Readme.md

1. First, I build the file as describe in build.md
  2. then after I am running daml-on-sawtooth using ./docker/run.sh start . Now sawtooth [sawtooth-daml-rpc] is running over port 9000.
  3. After that I am trying to allocate party using daml ledger allocate-parties PARTY --host localhost --port 9000 Here I am getting the following error

GRPCIOBadStatusCode StatusUnavailable (StatusDetails {unStatusDetails = “Connection reset by peer”})

1 Like

You don’t have to start Sandbox. I think @SamirTalwar didn’t spot that you are trying to use sawtooth. I just ran through the example and it sems to work for me. What output do you get from the ./docker/run.sh start step? And how are you selecting the SDK version? If you want to make sure you are using the right version try DAML_SDK_VERSION=0.13.41 daml ledger allocate-party --host localhost --port 9000 myparty

3 Likes

Thanks it works .

1 Like

Could you explain what exactly you changed?

1 Like

I have to explicitly provide sdk version while allocating parties which I was not doing before and i remove all the docker container and rebuild the file .

1 Like

Cool, glad you got it working now!

1 Like