Fungible Daml Record

Hi all!

I have a contract on a sandbox like in the screenshot below:

As you see the type of the contract is Daml.Finance.Holding.Fungible:Fungible
Now I’m trying to construct the exact same DamlRecord in a Java application. Here is my code for Daml Record creation:

private static Map<String, Set<String>> observers = Collections.emptyMap();
InstrumentKey i = new InstrumentKey(depositoryPartyId.getValue(),issuerPartyId.getValue(), new Id("SecurityToken"), "1");
AccountKey a = new AccountKey(custodianPartyId.getValue(), primaryDealer1PartyId.getValue(), new Id(primaryDealer1PartyId.getValue()));
DamlOptional lock = DamlOptional.empty();
Decimal damlDecimal = new Decimal(BigDecimal.valueOf(50));
DamlGenMap observers = this.observers.entrySet().stream().collect(
                DamlCollectors.toDamlGenMap(v$0 -> new Text(v$0.getKey()), v$0 -> v$0.getValue().toValue(v$1 -> new Party(v$1))));
return record(
        field("instrument", i.toValue()),
        field("account", a.toValue()),
        field("amount", damlDecimal),
        field("lock", lock),
        field("observers", observers));

I use the library to “match” my daml record with the contract on the ledger. It works like this:

SANDBOX.getLedgerAdapter().getCreatedContractId(
            observer, //partyId
            Fungible.TEMPLATE_ID,  //java codegen type
            matcher, // daml record
            Fungible.ContractId::new);

When I run this code I got an error:
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Timed out while waiting for the correct message to be observed.
In other words he is saying that he cannot find a contract that matches my daml records.
Can you have a look at the code above that I use to construct daml record? Is it correct? I’m not sure that I construct Optional and DamlGenMap for empty observers correctly.

Thank you very much!

You’re constructing the map incorrectly. I think your issue here is the use of record which doesn’t give you any typechecking. Instead try to stick to the Java codegen types and only convert to a Value in the end. So something like this:

private static Map<String, Set<String>> observers = Collections.emptyMap();
InstrumentKey i = new InstrumentKey(depositoryPartyId.getValue(),issuerPartyId.getValue(), new Id("SecurityToken"), "1");
AccountKey a = new AccountKey(custodianPartyId.getValue(), primaryDealer1PartyId.getValue(), new Id(primaryDealer1PartyId.getValue()));
DamlOptional lock = DamlOptional.empty();
Decimal damlDecimal = new Decimal(BigDecimal.valueOf(50));
DamlGenMap observers = this.observers.entrySet().stream().collect(
                DamlCollectors.toDamlGenMap(v$0 -> new Text(v$0.getKey()), v$0 -> v$0.getValue().toValue(v$1 -> new Party(v$1))));
return new Fungible(i, a, damlDecimal, lock, observers).toValue();

This will give you some type errors, in particular your Set isn’t quite right here since Set is only a wrapper around Map. But if you follow the type errors that should be easy to fix.

1 Like