Exberry Integration Setup

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to set up locally the daml-dit-integration-exberry project but i’m facing some issues.
First i had to change the makefile and replace the use of non existent file “dabl-meta.yaml” by the existent one “dit-meta.yaml” so the “make all” command can work correctly.

${DIT_NAME}: dabl-meta.yaml Makefile ${PKG_FILES} ${SRC_FILES} requirements.txt
	ddit build --force --integration

Now and following this readme, I’m trying to execute the command

DABL_INTEGRATION_TYPE_ID=com.projectdabl.integrations.exberry.integration ./dabl-integration-exberry-{VERSION}.dit

But it is failing with the following stacktrace:

DABL_INTEGRATION_TYPE_ID=com.projectdabl.integrations.exberry.integration ./dabl-integration-exberry-0.8.1.dit
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/joaogaspar/IdeaProjects/xbourse/daml-dit-integration-exberry/dabl-integration-exberry-0.8.1.dit/.bootstrap/pex/pex.py", line 477, in execute
  File "/Users/joaogaspar/IdeaProjects/xbourse/daml-dit-integration-exberry/dabl-integration-exberry-0.8.1.dit/.bootstrap/pex/pex.py", line 394, in _wrap_coverage
  File "/Users/joaogaspar/IdeaProjects/xbourse/daml-dit-integration-exberry/dabl-integration-exberry-0.8.1.dit/.bootstrap/pex/pex.py", line 425, in _wrap_profiling
  File "/Users/joaogaspar/IdeaProjects/xbourse/daml-dit-integration-exberry/dabl-integration-exberry-0.8.1.dit/.bootstrap/pex/pex.py", line 533, in _execute
  File "/Users/joaogaspar/IdeaProjects/xbourse/daml-dit-integration-exberry/dabl-integration-exberry-0.8.1.dit/.bootstrap/pex/pex.py", line 635, in execute_entry
  File "/Users/joaogaspar/IdeaProjects/xbourse/daml-dit-integration-exberry/dabl-integration-exberry-0.8.1.dit/.bootstrap/pex/pex.py", line 650, in execute_pkg_resources
  File "/Users/joaogaspar/IdeaProjects/xbourse/daml-dit-integration-exberry/dabl-integration-exberry-0.8.1.dit/.bootstrap/pex/vendor/_vendored/setuptools/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2481, in resolve
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'daml_dit_if'

Thanks

Hey joaogaspar,

We’ve had a few updates to how integrations are built and run that don’t seem to have made it into the documentation or Makefile.

To run the integration, please give this command a try:

ddit run --party=Exchange com.projectdabl.integrations.exberry.integration

I would also rename dabl-meta.yaml back to dit-meta.yaml and change dabl-meta.yaml to dit-meta.yaml in the Makefile.

Please let me know if you have any other issues. I will update our repos to reflect these changes, thanks for pointing this out!

1 Like

Hey Alex,

Thanks for the quick response.
After executing the command you mentioned i got this:

Building wheel for cryptography (PEP 517) ... error
  ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
   command: /Users/joaogaspar/IdeaProjects/xbourse/daml-dit-integration-exberry/.ddit-venv/bin/python3.9 /Users/joaogaspar/IdeaProjects/xbourse/daml-dit-integration-exberry/.ddit-venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pep517/_in_process.py build_wheel /var/folders/40/qf7k783j6psfh2wcbxtvvmkh0000gn/T/tmppzhybzpt
       cwd: /private/var/folders/40/qf7k783j6psfh2wcbxtvvmkh0000gn/T/pip-install-9s0lm90o/cryptography
  Complete output (170 lines):
(...)

error: can't find Rust compiler

If you are using an outdated pip version, it is possible a prebuilt wheel is available for this package but pip is not able to install from it. Installing from the wheel would avoid the need for a Rust compiler.

To update pip, run:

pip install --upgrade pip

and then retry package installation.

If you did intend to build this package from source, try installing a Rust compiler from your system package manager and ensure it is on the PATH during installation. Alternatively, rustup (available at https://rustup.rs) is the recommended way to download and update the Rust compiler toolchain.

This package requires Rust >=1.41.0.
  ----------------------------------------
  ERROR: Failed building wheel for cryptography

My pip is updated so should I get rust? I’m asking because it’s not in the requirements.
Thanks

That’s odd. Which version of OSX are you running? There should be a prebuilt wheel for the cryptography package that pip should fetch - for me, pip downloads cryptography-35.0.0-cp36-abi3-macosx_10_10_x86_64.whl. Are the other packages being downloaded or are they all built when you get that error?

I’m already on Monterey 12.0.1.
Attached there’s a file with the full log of the execution so you can check it .

exberryIntegrationRun.log.zip (4.8 KB)

Thanks for sending the logs. Can you try running

./.ddit-venv/bin/pip install --upgrade pip

from the integration’s directory, and then trying to run the integration again?

If that doesn’t fix it, please also try

./.ddit-venv/bin/pip3 install --upgrade pip

Thanks for your effort Alex, but unfortunately it didn’t work.
I’ve tried before running the integration and of course it didn’t work because the directory .ddit-venv still doesn’t exist. So i tried after running the integration and the previous error is thrown and i got this:

joaogaspar@MacBook-Pro-de-Joao-IntellectEU2 daml-dit-integration-exberry % make start
ddit run --party=Exchange com.projectdabl.integrations.exberry.integration
2021-11-11T10:49:45+0000 [INFO] (ddit) Argument file found: int_args.yaml
/Users/joaogaspar/IdeaProjects/xbourse/daml-dit-integration-exberry/.ddit-venv/bin/python3: Error while finding module specification for 'daml_dit_if.main' (ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'daml_dit_if')

Thanks.

I am going to look more into this, but in the meantime, I’ve uploaded my .ddit-venv if you want to extract it into your integration folder directly and give it a try: https://github.com/digital-asset/daml-dit-integration-exberry/files/7522020/ddit-venv.zip.