DamlHub: administrative user access

This question may not belong here, and I’m happy to be redirected.

I set up a DamlHub account for our primary developer, so they could do exploratory dev work. They built out a small project, did some testing, and now we’re looking at setting up a QA environment, Prod, etc., and bringing other developers into the work.

We’d like to set up the account in a way that allows the following:

1. Developers should be able to administrate their general environment. Create a new project, set up ledgers in that project, etc. This is the application management and infrastructure layer.

2. Developers should not be able to manage the corporate credit card on the account, add people who can also create projects, or otherwise manage the top-level account. This is the corporate infrastructure and security layer.

3. Each developer should have their own user account, password, and API tokens.

I don’t see any way to do that, and I wasn’t able to navigate the documentation very well. What I see is that you sign up for an account on DamlHub (with a corporate email in this case), and that email is the only way to manage the account, any projects in it, etc. There appears to be no way to differentiate between the person paying for the service and the person building an application on the service.

For that matter, it does not look like you can have more than one developer on the project without sharing the password.

Am I missing something obvious? Is there a best practices pattern for managing the account and projects in DamlHub?

1 Like

Hi @tweigel , your take it correct. At the moment it is not possible to delegate a workspace or a ledger to another user.

Thank you for confirming I’m not just failing to see it!

Are there any suggested best practices for managing DAMLHub in a team (multiple developers) or corporate (split roles) environment?

I’m happy to be pointed at documentation.

Until collaboration features are available, we recommend using a shared account, as you suggested above.