Daml hub to a preexisting ledger

Can I connect my DAML hub to a preexisting canton network ledger that I have hosted locally? Alternatively, can DAML hub host one of the domains of my network while the other one is hosted locally?

Hey @Divyansh_Gupta_ATR10,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. Daml Hub recently launched the ability to provision separate participant and synchronizer services, the announcement blog is here. These new services allow a mixed architecture approach. You can create a participant on Daml Hub and connect it to a synchronizer that you have hosted locally, or to do it the other way round and to create a synchronizer on Daml Hub and have participants that you have hosted locally connect into it (for completeness of options, you could also connect participants and synchronizers both hosted on Hub together). See the documentation on the connection instructions here.

These new services are currently in Beta and are not available to free tier users. If you have a specific use case that you’d like to try then direct message me.

So to answer your questions directly:

Can I connect my DAML hub to a preexisting canton network ledger that I have hosted locally?

If you have a synchronizer hosted locally, then yes you can create a participant in Daml Hub and connect it to your synchronizer.

Alternatively, can DAML hub host one of the domains of my network while the other one is hosted locally?

Yes, you could have the synchronizer hosted on Daml Hub and allow participants to connect into it. Or, you could have a participant hosted on Daml Hub and a participant hosted locally and they could both connect to the same synchronizer.

1 Like